Tuesday, January 20, 2015


Let us have a go at translating a few paragraphs!

Dear Manuel,
Having not heard whether the vendors were in agreeance regarding the sale at 12:30 on the 17th of this month, I contacted Javier who sent me the below emails and texts. I must admit to being at a loss as to why it has taken so long to be able to arrange this, and I still do not have a clear confirmation. Of course, I will not be ordering the transfer of the funds from Australia until the attendance of the vendors has been assured. Consequently, there will now be further unavoidable delays.

I have informed Javier on numerous occasions that I need sufficient prior notice to make the transfer and I am now not confident that I can pledge that I will have the funds in time for the 17th. As I write there is only one bank trading day left before this week is over in Australia and with the next two days being the weekend, the chances of the transfer clearing to Spain and me being able to organize a bank cheque by Tuesday to bring on Wednesday are now as good as zero, even if I was to have a confirmation today, and there were to be no complications with the transfer.

As I do not know how long the process to complete the sale will take, I cannot guess if there is a possibility of completing the sale (and associated payments of taxes, connecting the water etc.) with sufficient time prior to my leaving for London (as I detailed previously) - without there being issues hanging over until my return in January. I would be pleased to know if you can say that these things can be done. If not, I believe we will need to put off the sale until January.


Por otra parte, he de decir que los mensajes de Javier, cuando se digna a mandármelos, han colmado mi paciencia últimamente, por lo que me preguntaba si, a su juicio, sería aconsejable que en adelante me dirigiera directamente a Antonio.  Entre nosotros solo media un acuerdo verbal por virtud del cual Javier actúa como intermediario entre Antonio y yo. En cuanto a Antonio, le ruego que me permita pedirle su opinión acerca de la calidad de sus servicios ya que Javier me mando uno de los correos electrónicos que Antonio le había remitido y el cual le adjunto. Al final de dicha comunicación, su uso del español es cuanto menos agramatical e improcedente y no se si me equivoco al juzgar que no es propio viniendo de un abogado.

Por ultimo quería preguntarle si es común que el comprador de una vivienda pague al abogado de los vendedores. Esto es lo que Javier parece estar pidiéndome que haga (dos por ciento del precio de la venta). Yo daba por hecho que los vendedores serían los que pagaran los honorarios de su abogado. Puesto que no he firmado ningún documento a tal efecto me preguntaba si estoy de alguna forma obligado a pagar dicho porcentaje.

Aprovecho para desearle lo mejor y rogarle que me haga llegar cuanto antes un documento en el que especifique la cuantía de sus honorarios y una copia de las escrituras de forma que tenga tiempo para revisarlas antes de hacer efectiva la trasferencia desde Australia.
Atentamente,



No comments: